narnia1

The long wait is over! After making us wait for almost a whole month to give way to the Metro Manila Film Festival, I finally saw The Chronicles of Narnia. I saw it last Sunday with Chuck and Coco. We saw it after attending church and having yummy meal at Teriyaki Boy. Anyway, back to the movie.

I was not so eager to see it. Well at least I tried not to be too excited. I haven’t read the book but I ‘ve been hearing and reading a lot of good reviews about it. I just don’t want to spoil the fun or expect too much from it kasi. But after seeing it, grabe it is so far the best movie I’ve ever seen. This is actually the first time that I wanted to read the book after seeing the movie. Hehe! Not a reader! Sorry. =P Oh, and thank you for my boyfriend who bought me the book before we saw the movie. I got the big one that has the 7 books in it na. We chose the one where they have the white witch at the cover. Anyway, thank you thank you thank you! =)

And one more thing, I never thought a “fairy tale” can make me cry. Grabe I was crying almost throughout the movie. It was so overwhelming kasi eh. I’ll explain later. When we went out of the movie house, Chuck and my sister were asking me I was crying. Sabi ko I’ll explain later in the car. I know that I’ll be crying again the moment I start explaining why. When we got into the car, true enough, I started crying again. I cried as if I’m still in the movie house watching it. Ay nakakatawa! You should have seen me. I was like crazy girl crying and laughing at the same time as I try to explain to them why I felt that way. The girl at the parking ticket booth was looking at us. Akala siguro we were fighting. Hay and my eyes were so tired from crying after that. I had to go to the grocery pa naman after to buy some stuff for the house.

Okay, finally the reason why I cried. Sorry but I’m really not good on explaining things. Good thing I found this site/review which somehow represents my interpretation of the movie.
(Narnia review)


I felt so overwhelmed on the part where Aslan gave up his life for Edmund. He gave up his “kingship” for one child. A traitor. I just remembered how Jesus died for me. Someone like me, a sinner like me. I was reminded of how much God loves us. He sent His only son to die and save us from our sins. It made me think of how He has been so faithful and how I’ve hurt Him so many times by sinning. I don’t deserve that kind of love. But He do loves me for who I am. And, I know he’ll never stop loving and forgiving me. Thank you Lord for this blessing. Thank you for reminding me over and over again how faithful and loving you are. I just realized, yes, this movie did make me read the book. It revived the passion to read the REAL story from which this is based on.


The Chronicles of Narnia

No comments: