how fruitcake changed someone's life.... and mine too!

I had so much fun in last night's PASSION Conference. Praise and worship was just amazing inspite of the rain and the super duper looooonngg line (as in from ULTRA entrance to Meralco Ave to St Paul street). I never heard anyone complain about the line or wy it wouldn't stop raining. We didn't care because this is not about us, this is about God!

The preaching from Louie Giglio just hit the spot when he talked about Ashley, a party girl from a university in Florida who had a Christian roommate and who recently attended the Passion conference in Atlanta. I can sorta relate to Ashley's life because that was my life before I met Christ. Louie read her journal and how "fruitcake" (that's how Ashley described Jesus fanatics like her roommate for the first few entries in her journal) shared to her the love of Christ by just listening to her and accepting her. And how this roommate, Christa, made her watch the DVDs of Louie Giglio.

Anyway you can read about Ashley here, http://268generation.com/blog/?p=265

I never had a Christa in my life but the Lord has a special way of reaching out to each one of us. And when you look back you will just be amazed on how God slowly made His name to known to You. You will just be in awe of how He has changed your heart and how His GRACE has been every abundant in your life since you got to know Him. Actually it has always been there even before we knew Him but I only realized it after. I know this because this is true in my life.

But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, (Romans 5:20)

I was reminded of this verse last night while listening to Louie. I've been reminded not to count how many times I've sinned and how much I should suffer for it because Jesus already did it for me. I was reminded not to count the sin but to appreciate the GRACE and MERCY that comes with each one.

The challenge for me now is to be a Christa... or to be the fruitcake (hehe! that's my new favorite term) to the people around me. I am not afraid to be called a JESUS Freak because I am! My life has amazingly never been the same ever since I met Him. It's not all good. I've had my share of struggles and falling to sin here and there. But it's different when you have Jesus in your life to walk with you and to carry you through.

I'll end with this song from Ashley's journal which I love also. It's called Mighty to Save by Hillsong United. I hope it would touch your heart too. And I hope you too would find the ONLY love that's never failing which comes ONLY from Jesus.

Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing

Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior

The hope of nations

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey:) I was there, too. Praise GOd no? I got super blessed.
Let's be fruitcakes na! Hahaha:D

MERiE said...

Wow I liked the way you blogged about Ashley.. wow wow wow.. That night was awesome! For HIS renown, let us be fruitcakes!

God bless you sis!