Obedience

Lately sobrang daming message sa akin on OBEDIENCE. One word that may sound simple but in reality ang bigat pala niya. It's not easy and I'm sure you know that. Pero why do we choose to obey ba if alam naman natin na it will cause suffering lang or it's not what we want?


I guess the answer to that is simple. The only question we have to answer is... who do I want please? In all decision making naman there are "stakeholders" diba? You just have to choose who of these you would rather please. Kaninong approval ba ang importante? Other people? Your loved ones? Yourself? or God?


I have this officemate, friend and sister in Christ na itago na lang natin sa pangalang POLA. (Hehe!) She has inspired me in so many ways and one of those is her obedience. Ibang klase ang obedience ng batang ito. And if you will look into her life now she is a very clear picture of God's faithfulness. She is the perfect example on how God's love can really bring out the best in you. Her obedience to God is just so amazing and sobrang inspired ako on what God has been doing in her life. She is blessed in every single way. Hindi man siya ang pinaka successful in terms of career , finances or love life but she is a whole person and blessed with the things that really matter. Her life is a very clear message that God is just and faithful to those who are obedient to Him.


I have long way to go on being an obedient child of God. Lately I still choose to follow my own decisions or wants instead of asking God what He wants for me. But God's grace is sufficient. He is faithful. Small steps of faith lang I'm sure I'll get there someday.


And when that day comes... I really pray that these are the words I'll receive from my God...




".... 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
Matt 25:21

No comments: